The Carpenter is a student club designed for the purpose to edit and layout a publication featuring student writing and artwork. The journals average about 60-80 pages in length, containing student essays, poems, short stories, and artwork.
· Beginning around the first of the year, The Carpenter starts collecting work from students.
· Once a significant amount of work is collected, the editors begin the process of choosing the pieces for the upcoming journal.
· Early in the spring, the pieces having been chosen and edited, the journal is formatted for publication and sent to the publisher.
· In late spring, the completed journals are delivered, ready for distribution.
· Lastly, we pat ourselves on the back and celebrate a job well done.